Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Thom Browne, Fall/Winter 2007

What can I say? There was a lot I hated here, but I can also see where Browne is going. The general concepts are great - bowties, short pantlines, a dapper look - but are blown way out of proportion. But if you consider the dilution of runway trends by retailers for the masses, it makes sense. A couple inches longer on pants, more structured outerwear...It could be incredibly influential on what passes for menswear these days.

Of course, when Hot Topic introduced its "one-leg pant" for men, not even the most sheep-like of mall goths went for it. Also, the overgrown schoolboy look makes me uncomfortable.

Still, I think Browne lives up to the hype his line and vision receives.






evil santa?


undercover cop trying to bust a pedophile ring.









No comments: