Sunday, March 04, 2007

Nudie Slim Jim Dry Japan

I walked into Context the other day, hoping to get a pair of APC New Cures. I need an "all-around" pair of jeans that are relatively slim cut; with my body build I find that slim cut jeans actually look like a straight cut. Sad, but true.

Sam was out of New Cures in sizes above 28, although I did try a pair on, which I regretted immediately. It doesn't pay to be short and chunky.

Walked out with a pair of Nudie Slim Jim Dry Japan, which I wasn't expecting. I also hadn't done my research, so it felt like an impulse buy, the kind that tears a chunk of your wallet in a bad way. Doubts loomed in my head and I wondered about exchanging for a different pair or waiting for a new shipment of New Cures. But my trip to HK is next week, and I wanted to start breaking them in this weekend.

The SJDJ are a slim cut with a "tube-leg;" that is to say, there isn't really any tapering. I would say it's like a Levi's 514 but slightly slimmer. The Slim Jim falls between the Thin Finn and Even Stevens, cut-wise. The leg opening on a 30 x 32 measures 8". Not selvedge but it is Japanese denim. This also obliged me to register at the mynudies.com forum. All right! Another forum to the list! Sam also gave me a sweet twenny percent discount, as there was a party for the Iron Army guys in town.

I have to admit that I'll need to lose some weight. The thighs are slim, but barely large enough to contain my thighs without looking like a sausage casing. I'm currently wearing them around the house unzippered, like some pervert, in the hopes of stretching them out some more. While it's looking like a tough week ahead, I know once they loosen up they'll fit perfectly. At times like these, I hate being a desk jockey, but I'm promising myself to wear them when I get home every night.

No comments: